Hey FL T-birds! We've got 2 events this month - and please RSVP here for both/either to let us know if you'll join us. And as always, feel free to bring along loved ones, friends, coworkers or prospective students.
This posting is for the Kayaking/Paddling/Sunday Lunch event - and the registration page is here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fl-t-birds-2-events-oct-4th-oktoberfest-oct-16th-paddling-tickets-424344896007
- Oct 16th, Sunday, 10am to 12pm, we'll be kayaking or stand-up paddle-boarding at Whiskey Creek Hideout, an outfitter and grill located within Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park in Dania Beach. Arrive early! We'll plan to head out on the kayaks and stand-up paddle-boards starting at about 10am -- and then we'll plan to grab lunch together around 12pm at the casual outdoor restaurant onsite.
- This paddling is suitable for all skill levels - from first-timers to pros, as there is lot of gentle water in the mangrove-llined waterways and canals there that protect the area from waves.
- Sun-appropriate clothing and sunscreen are highly recommended, and bug spray is worth considering.
- When you enter the state park, go to the last available parking lot; that lot connects by trail to the rental stand and restaurant.
- This is also a family friendly event - so feel free to bring even kids.
- HUGE thanks to Zafeiria Nomicos '90 for organizing this fun meet-up!
Thanks always and see you soon
Karl Palsgaard, chapter lead, Thunderbird Alumni of South Florida
Whiskey Creek Hideout
Contact Phone Number