Global Leadership & Management Essentials Certificate
When your work goes global, you need a well-rounded skill set to lead the way in new and challenging environments as the Fourth Industrial Revolution unfolds. Working in the global marketplace brings exciting new opportunities and challenges. New experiences in new places are both stimulating and a bit disorienting. The leadership and entrepreneurship skills provided through Thunderbird’s online executive certificate program will empower you with an understanding of what to focus on so that you can lead your organization in achieving its goals.
Thunderbird’s Executive Certificate in Global Leadership and Management Essentials provides advanced learning that empowers you with broadened and bolstered management, entrepreneurship, and leadership skills—elevating your career potential. The Executive Certificate in Global Leadership and Management is awarded to those who complete three courses on cross-cultural communications, managing conflict with a global mindset, and a leadership elective centered on global finance, managing new technologies, or disruptive innovation.
To earn your Executive Certificate in Global Leadership and Management Essentials, enroll or contact us today.
- Understand the multicultural business environment and your own cultural orientation
- Learn conflict management techniques and how to identify global mindsets in negotiation
- Understand your global mindset deficiencies in the context of dispute resolution
- Examine how global diversity and inclusion bring advantages to a company and understand their impacts on an integrated and global workforce
- Identify how to best match your conflict management style with the situation and cultural levels while understanding trigger points in alternative dispute resolution
- Learn the role and impact of mediation in conflict management both as a participant and as a mediator
Who Should Attend?
Professionals who seek to further develop their leadership skills with a global mindset for conflict management, culture, and behaviors impacting multicultural negotiations.
Experienced executives and global professionals who seek to master breakthrough strategies through emotional intelligence and enhanced problem-solving skills to advance global workforce responsibilities.
Understand different levels of culture by improving self-awareness and communication skills through the examination of your cultural orientation. Enhance your capacity to collaborate in global teams and improve your ability to give constructive feedback to team members. Examine how global diversity and inclusion will impact your company, and learn how to maximize individual contributions to foster creative problem-solving.
- 21st Century Cross-Cultural Communication
- Self-Awareness & Cultural Orientation
- Global Teams & Communication Analysis
- Open Attitude (Stereotypes & Generalization)
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Global Leadership & Style-Switching
- Feedback in Cross-Cultural Settings
- Global Team Challenges
Duration: 8 weeks I $990
Understand how the attributes of a “global mindset” affect global negotiation and conflict management. Identify different frameworks of conflict styles and learn tailored solutions for each. Analyze and understand the implications of cultural orientations for choosing an alternative dispute resolution. Utilize mediation to identify social dimensions and problem-solving skills to achieve a win-win settlement.
- Introduction to Global Mindset Attributes & Conflict Management
- Framework for Conflict Management Styles
- Negotiation as Conflict Management
- Embracing Tension in Conflict Management
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Breakthrough Strategy with a Global Mindset
- Mediation as a Participant
- Mediation as a Mediator
Duration: 8 weeks I $990