Leadership in Emerging Markets
Great leaders leave a legacy of great accomplishments, impacting their organizations and their people. While leaders begin by setting the direction and expectations, the bulk of their energies are devoted to aligning their organizations, developing and motivating their people, and managing performance.
Thunderbird School of Global Management's executive certificate in Leadership in Emerging Markets equips professionals with the skills to lead in dynamic environments — ones that often lack resources and role models. Leaders will emerge from this program reaping the unparalleled benefits and rewards that come with igniting change in their organizations and honing their leadership style and roadmap.
- Overcome emerging market hurdles in managing performance, driving accountability, leading, and motivating change.
- Strengthen your ability to lead with limited resources.
- Enhance your presence as an effective leader.
- Create a personal development roadmap as a leader.
Who should attend?
The program is designed to be fast-moving and highly interactive. Participants will work closely with peers from other emerging markets and a wide array of industries.
During the program the following themes and issues are addressed:
- Understanding the pressures faced as a leader
- Review how context is changing and how these changes might differ for those in more developed markets
- Building greater organization agility
- Motivating for performance and aligning rewards
- Managing high and low performing employees
- Effective coaching through feedback, conflict resolution, and communication
- Understanding the determinants of effective change
- Helping employees see the need to change
- Motivating change
- Keys to maintaining momentum
- Building personal leadership credibility
- Honing a leadership style
- Mapping a future as a leader
On the final day of the program, sessions move off-site to the world-famous Sedona, Ariz. In this outdoor context, participants will spend time focusing on personal development, ambitions, and plans.
Sedona Day Trip
December 4-7, 2023 | Phoenix and Sedona, Arizona
|Monday, December 4|
|8:45||Seismic Shifts Facing Emerging Leaders of Tomorrow|
|10:15||Building Leadership Credibility|
|1:00||Leader Style and Presence|
|5:30||End of Session|
|Tuesday, December 5|
|8:00||Motivating for Performance|
|1:00||Delivering Feedback and Driving Accountability|
|5:15||End of Session|
|Wednesday, December 6|
|1:00||Leading Change Introduction|
|1:30||Change Pro Simulation|
|4:00||Team Presentations and Debrief|
|5:30||End of Session|
|Thursday, December 7|
|8:00||Becoming a More Effective Global Leader|
|10:15||Becoming a More Effective Global Leader|
|11:00||Briefing: Taking Charge of Your Future|
|11:30||Bus to Sedona (lunch on bus)|
|1:30||Taking Charge of Your Future|
|Walk and Talk (offsite location)|
|5:00||Check into Hotel|
|6:30||Closing Presentation and Graduation|
|Certificates and Class Pictures|