Examine the theory and practice of negotiations among individuals, organizations and groups in multicultural settings to understand and identify cultural differences in communication and negotiation styles.
- Describe unique challenges for global negotiators and understand the difference between international, multinational and global challenges.
- Evaluate the impact of using "Power Over" versus "Power With" in developing your negotiation strategy.
- Distinguish different types of negotiation approaches through stages and phases and understand the importance of preparation and trust in a multicultural context.
- Analyze the “hardball” and problem-solving tactics you will use to plan your negotiation strategy.
- Recognize cultural, situational and social factors of virtual negotiations by understanding the surprises of social distance.
- Interpret how to gain confidence and competency through dialogue, problem solving and the power of understanding.
- Understand how to close your negotiation with reasonable offers rather than one-sided offers.
- Gain access to the Cultural Orientations Indicator® web-based software self-reporting tool that is designed to foster self-awareness and cultural-awareness so you can effectively communicate and collaborate in a global team environment.
- Recieve access to the ExpertNegotiator® web-based software to help plan and enhance your negotiation strategy.
Both offers are available for 1 year from the start of your first course.
After clicking, you will be transferred to online.thunderbird.edu.