Your generosity makes a difference in the lives of students, faculty, and communities impacted by our programs to harness the transformative power of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Whether you support the School through outright gifts like cash, which make an immediate impact, or with planned gifts, which mature to benefit Thunderbird at a later date, here are some ways you can give to what matters most to you.
Make a Gift
Ways to Give
You can make an immediate and impactful contribution to support Thunderbird programs and initiatives with a cash gift.
- Make a gift online using your credit card.
- You can also call (602)496-7168 Monday to Friday during Thunderbird’s business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm (Arizona Time)
- To donate by check, make check payable and mail to:
P.O. Box 2260
Tempe, AZ 85280-2260 USA
- To facilitate a wire transfer, download this form and follow the instructions.
You can make a gift of personal property that can make a lasting impact for years to come. Gifts of securities – For U.S. taxpayers, you can transfer securities, bonds, or mutual fund shares held more than one year to the ASU Foundation for the benefit of Thunderbird, providing you savings on capital gains and income taxes. Gifts of securities may be used to make outright gifts, to establish an endowment or to support a variety of university initiatives. For more information, download this form or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal property
- Tangible: You may own items of value that can benefit Thunderbird’s mission while providing tax benefits to you. Rare books, works of art, unique collections and other items of value can all be donated as gifts.
- Intangible: By donating your intangible personal property, you can generate a sustainable flow of income for Thunderbird. Property such as copyrights, patents and mineral rights are all examples of this unique type of gift.
For general inquiries about donating personal property of value, call 602-496-7127 or email email@example.com.
- Vehicle donation – The ASU Foundation’s Vehicle Donation Program allows you to donate your unwanted car, boat, motorcycle or truck in support of Thunderbird. Your vehicle donation may also qualify for a charitable tax deduction.
- Real estate – When you donate a home, vacation property, undeveloped land or income property to Thunderbird, you leave a legacy and may qualify for capital gains or charitable tax deductions.
- Bargain sale – Through ASU Realty, your property can be purchased for less than fair market value and in return, you receive cash and a charitable deduction for the difference between fair market value and purchase price, benefiting Thunderbird.
- Closely held businesses – A gift of your corporate stock or assets can provide you with tax and income benefits and help further Thunderbird’s initiatives.
You can make a lasting impact at Thunderbird with gifts that also provide significant tax benefits.
- Donor Advised Fund (DAF) – This fund, like a charitable savings account, allows you to support multiple charities throughout the year with tax-deductible gifts. You may direct gifts from your existing DAF to support Thunderbird.
- IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) – When planning your IRA withdrawal strategy, you may make a charitable donation of up to $100,000. Starting at age 70 ½, gifts from your IRA can benefit Thunderbird while reducing your tax burden.
Gifts from your estate allow you to leave a financial legacy and impact Thunderbird for years to come. There are many types of estate arrangements to suit your individual needs, including wills, living trusts and beneficiary designations.
- Gifts from your will – With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will specifying a gift to family, friends or Thunderbird as part of your estate plan. Leave a lasting legacy with one of the simplest gifts to make.
- Gifts from your trust – Without reducing your assets during your lifetime, create a lasting and personal legacy at Thunderbird. Your advisor can guide you to include language in your trust specifying a gift to the university.
- Beneficiary of retirement assets – Among the most flexible of all charitable gifts, a beneficiary designation allows you to make a gift to support Thunderbird from your retirement assets. This option decreases the tax burden on you and your family.
- Beneficiary of life insurance – You can designate Thunderbird as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy. This gift is a simple and affordable way to support Thunderbird while also decreasing your tax burden.
Through various types of charitable trusts and gift annuities, you can give a gift that offers you a secure income for life.
- Charitable trusts – Establishing a charitable trust provides Thunderbird with a sustainable gift, while allowing you to receive income and minimize taxes. Learn more about the possible benefits to you of Charitable Remainder Trusts and Charitable Lead Trusts.
- Gift annuities – A charitable gift annuity allows you to transfer your cash or appreciated property to Thunderbird in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed payments (with rates based on your age) for the rest of your life.
An endowment gift is one of the most powerful ways you can support the future of Thunderbird. When you establish an endowment for the School, the investment provides sustainable financial support, helping us thrive for years to come.
Did you know that many employers sponsor programs to match charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees? This is a great way to stretch your gift to Thunderbird and double your impact.
Even if you already made a donation, your gift may still be eligible for a match by your employer. Every bit of support makes a difference.
To find out if your company has a matching gift program, please contact your employee resource department, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-727-9664 for more details.
You can email matching gift paper forms to email@example.com for processing. You can also mail matching gift documentation to:
Attn.: Gift Processing Department
PO Box 2260
Tempe, AZ 85280-2260
Funds will be deposited with the ASU Foundation, a separate non-profit organization that exists to advance ASU as a New American University, for the benefit of the Thunderbird School of Global Management. Gifts in support of Thunderbird are subject to foundation policies and fees. Your gift may be considered a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of charitable contributions.
Thunderbird welcomes the chance to partner with organizations to make large scale impact in the world. If you represent a corporation or foundation interested in partnering with Thunderbird, or are a member of the Thunderbird faculty or staff, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donor opportunities for corporations and foundations include:
- Major gifts and grants to create unique, permanent endowments at the School, often named after the company or foundation.
- Matching gifts for employees who have donated to Thunderbird.
- In-kind gifts such as food and supplies for events or equipment donations.
- Tax deductions on all gifts and grants.
- Large gifts may be paid over several years if necessary.
Your generous support allows Thunderbird to continue to be the vanguard of global management into the 21st century. Your support provides a world of difference to our current students, future students and the health and well-being of the planet.
Send Gifts and Donations to:
ASU Foundation - Thunderbird
Attn: Financial Services
P.O. Box 2260
Tempe, Arizona 85280-2260
For all other mailing needs:
Thunderbird School of Global Management
One Global Place
401 North 1st Street MC 2121
Phoenix, Arizona 85004