Executive Master of Global Management
Thunderbird’s Executive Master of Global Management (EMGM) program offers a flexible way for full-time working professionals to obtain this international business graduate degree in only one year. Attend in-person classes once a month with your cohort and faculty members and collaborate on team assignments and coursework virtually to achieve the curriculum milestones together. You can choose to hop on a plane to learn how to do business like a CEO in another region of the world or partake in our one-of-a-kind Global Challenge Lab that takes you into the field for a real-world, client-facing practical group project. Choose elective courses from topics such as Global Business, Digital Transformation, Leadership, Data Science, Global Affairs, Health Solutions, Strategic Management, Public Policy, Entrepreneurship, and more. Use this international business leadership program to expand your skill set and offer more value to your current or future organization.
The world is innovating more rapidly than ever before. New technology is changing the way we live, work, and relate to each other. To thrive in this new paradigm of constant technological disruption, where artificial intelligence and data analytics are driving change in all industries and sectors, a revitalized brand of business and management education is essential.
43 years old
- Mechanical Engineering
- International Marketing
- Electrical Engineering
- Healthcare Administration
- Operations Management
- Business Management
- International Business
- Computer Science
- Supply Chain Management
- Political Science
- and others
- Arizona Commerce Authority
- Bank of America
- Earth Friendly Products
- Mayo Clinic
- American Express
- Sigma Alimentos
- The Regal Group
- Terros Health
- Partnership for Economic Innovation
- Arizona Department of Transportation
- and others
- Strategic futures innovation manager
- International sales manager
- Commercial credit analyst
- Senior engineer
- Technology lead
- Senior operations manager
- President and chief executive officer
- Director of innovation
- Director of sales
- and others
A degree at the intersection of global business, public policy and international affairs
Explore how the MGM's core curriculum overlaps with these three key areas, and how its concentrations and applied learning opportunities earn it the #1 ranking in the world.Learn More
We are a global network of future-ready leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, and intrapreneurs
innovating across the private and public sectors to advance inclusive and sustainable prosperity worldwide.Learn More
Who should attend?
- Professionals who want to keep up with their rapidly changing industry in a flexible master's degree program while continuing to work full-time.
- Mid-career professionals who want to take on a new role as a senior-level leader of a transnational enterprise or propel themselves to the C-suite.
- Working professionals who see potential for growth and promotion in international management positions inside or outside of their current organization.
- Entrepreneurial-minded professionals who are interested in starting their own business or becoming a strategic consultant in their field of interest.
With its innovative program format, the EMGM delivers 31 course credits strategically-choreographed to take students through every facet of international business management, with experiential learning opportunities and practical, applicable education in the nuances of global management, business, and improving international organizational culture.
|TGM 598 Lifelong Personal Leadership in a Global Economy||3|
|TGM 506 Communicating and Negotiating Across Cultures||3|
|TGM 530 Big Data in the Global Economy||3|
|TGM 549 Global Leadership||3|
|TGM 598 Global Digital Transformation||3|
|TGM 594 or TGM 596 Global Field Seminar or Global Challenge Lab||3|
|TGM 505 Navigating Global and Regional Business Environments||3|
|TGM 597 Thunderbird Professional Development||1|
This is a client-facing, project-based course built on a one-week immersion assignment in a key emerging market or advanced market. Projects take students to destinations all over the world. They are tailored to the business needs of the client and challenge students to provide sophisticated data and market analysis, strategy recommendations, and plans for sustained growth that are both practical and effective.
2023-2024 Program calendar
- Class weekends: Classes take place on Friday and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Travel days: The dates listed on this calendar are exclusive of travel days to travel to and from the location of classes.
- Global Field Seminar: Location choices are subject to space availability.
|Opening residence module||August 21-25, 2023|
|Class weekend||September 15-16, 2023|
|Class weekend||October 13-14, 2023|
|Class weekend||November 3-4, 2023|
|Class weekend||December 1-2, 2023|
|Class weekend||January 19-20, 2024|
|Class weekend||February 9-10, 2024|
|Global Field Seminar||March 3-10, 2024|
|Class weekend||March 22-23, 2024|
|Class weekend||May 17-18, 2024|
|Class weekend||June 21-22, 2024|
|Global Challenge Lab abroad||July 21-27, 2024|
Financial aid and costs
Apply for a Thunderbird Alumni Scholarship using the Scholarship Form in the application. On average, applicants receive up to $10K for the three (3) terms it takes to complete the Executive Master of Global Management. The award is based on merit, financial need, GPA, GRE/GMAT scores (if applicable), and international experience.
There are many different options available to help you finance your graduate education at Thunderbird. More than 96% of Thunderbird students receive financial assistance through loans, scholarships, or other awards. Arizona State University’s Financial Aid team works with you hand-in-hand to find the financing solutions for your unique situation.
Apply early for priority admission and financial aid consideration.
|Application fee (domestic)||$70|
|Application fee (international)||$115|
|Program cost||$67,207 (USD)|
Faculty and campus
We give every student the resources to change the world so we built the most technologically advanced educational headquarters on the planet. Learn a new language in our immersive VR language lab, visualize and interpret data using AI in our global decision theater, and connect with our global community using the latest in immersive and virtual communications.
Application requirements and deadlines
- 8+ years work experience (preferred)
- 3+ years in management (preferred)
- Resumé documenting work and management experience
- Competitive TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo scores (if you did not graduate from an English-speaking university in a native English-speaking country)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions, validating undergraduate GPA and the completion of a four-year degree sent to ASU Graduate Admissions
- Interview with Thunderbird faculty and staff
- GMAT / GRE not required
Transcripts for graduate admissions must be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Services department at the main Arizona State University campus. To expedite the processing of your application, please write your application reference number on all documents and envelopes submitted to ASU. Materials submitted without your application reference number will delay the processing of your application. For further information on enrolling, please contact Thunderbird Degree Program Admissions: +1 602 496-7100 or email@example.com
Applicants are required to meet certain English proficiency standards for acceptance. If your English proficiency scores are below acceptance standards, you may be required to take pre-degree English instruction to ensure you meet the level of English proficiency needed to succeed in your graduate studies. Learn more. View the minimum and direct entry scores here.
Apply early for priority admissions and financial aid consideration.
|Early consideration deadline||October 30|
|Third-round and international student deadline||March 30|
|Final deadline||July 30|