Aneel is an assistant professor of global accounting at Thunderbird School of Global Management. He examines the accounting measurement and financial disclosures for new-economy firms and incorporates his wide-ranging industry experience into his research and teaching. Aneel's work, featured in esteemed publications such as Management Science, Harvard Business Review, and California Management Review, reflects his commitment to both scholarly and real-world contributions.
Ph.D. | Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary, 2023
MBA | Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2015
- A Better Estimate of Internally Generated Intangible Capital
with Shivaram Rajgopal, Anup Srivastava, and Rong Zhao, Management Science.
- Should Midsize Companies Play Offense or Defense in a Downturn?
with Anup Srivastava and Vijay Govindarajan, Harvard Business Review.
- Has Technology Sector Lost its Dominance?
with Anup Srivastava and Vijay Govindarajan, California Management Review.
Certified Management Accountant | Institute of Management Accountants USA, 2010
Chartered Financial Analyst | CFA Institute USA, 2009
Chartered Accountant | Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, 2007
- Discussant Haskayne and Fox Accounting Conference 2023
- Discussant Canadian Academic Accounting Association Annual Conference 2023
- Ad Hoc Reviewer FARS Mid-year Meeting 2023
- Discussant FARS Mid-year Meeting 2023
- Discussant Haskayne and Fox Accounting Conference 2022
- Discussant Canadian Academic Accounting Association Annual Conference 2022
- Ad Hoc Reviewer Canadian Academic Accounting Association Annual Conference 2022
- Ad Hoc Reviewer Canadian Academic Accounting Association Annual Conference 2021