Accelerated Master of Global Management
Thunderbird’s accelerated master's program offers an accelerated pathway for Arizona State University (ASU) immersion undergraduate students to obtain a Master of Global Management degree in only one year after a student’s undergraduate graduation.
Choose one or two specialty concentrations from Global Business, Digital Transformation, Data Science (all STEM Designated) to Global Affairs, Health Solutions, Public Policy, and more. Our one-of-a-kind Global Challenge Lab takes you into the field for a real-world, client-facing practical group project, and you immediately get linked to a worldwide network of 46,000 Thunderbird alumni across 140+ countries!
This full-time accelerated graduate program prepares students with the skills necessary to lead diverse international teams in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors. Through the accelerated MGM program, pair your ASU undergraduate degree with a Master of Global Management from Thunderbird and broaden your global mindset, your global skillset, and your global marketability--all through just one additional year of study.
A degree at the intersection of global business, public policy and international affairs
Explore how the MGM's core curriculum overlaps with these three key areas, and how its concentrations and applied learning opportunities earn it the #1 ranking in the world.Learn More
We are a global network of future-ready leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, and intrapreneurs
innovating across the private and public sectors to advance inclusive and sustainable prosperity worldwide.Learn More
Who Should Attend?
- ASU students enrolled in full-immersion campus degree programs
- Diverse students that all have a desire to access the global marketplace in the industry of choice
- ASU undergrads who want to obtain a global view of organizations and who want to add globally-focused projects, a foreign language, travel, and complementary global business skills to their resume to expand their job opportunities in more than one country
- Applicants who are pursuing a foreign language, participating in a study abroad program, or demonstrating an ability to thrive in cross-cultural environments should apply
The one-of-a-kind, cutting-edge curriculum of the MGM includes 18 hours of course credits, 6 credits overseas applied consulting lab, 24 elective credits for concentrations and languages, and a one-credit for career development.
Use 12 of your 24 elective credits to earn one of seventeen different concentrations, or design your own. Use the other 12 elective credits to learn a second language, take additional courses within your concentration, or earn a second concentration.
|TGM 506 Communicating and Negotiating Across Cultures||3|
|TGM 557 Global Marketing and Data Analytics||3|
|TGM 545 Global Leadership and Strategy||3|
|TGM 515 Navigating Global and Regional Business Environments||3|
|TGM 517 Global Accounting and Financial Management||3|
|TGM 586 Global Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Business||3|
|TGM 597 Thunderbird Personal Leadership Development||1|
|TGM 596 Thunderbird Experiential Practicum (Global Challenge Lab)||6|
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Apply for a Thunderbird Alumni Scholarship using the Scholarship Form in the application. On average, applicants receive up to $12-$15K for the three (3) terms it takes to complete the Master of Global Management as an Accelerated student. The award is based on merit, financial need, GPA, GRE/GMAT scores (if applicable), and international experience.
There are many different options available to help you finance your graduate education at Thunderbird. More than 96% of Thunderbird students receive financial assistance through loans, scholarships, or other awards. Arizona State University’s Financial Aid team works with you hand-in-hand to find the financing solutions for your unique situation.
Students pay their regular undergraduate tuition while still enrolled in their senior year. By accelerating your master's program in a single year after graduation, you will save time and money by graduating with a single additional years of graduate study.
|Senior Year of Undergrad||No additional costs for graduate-level courses|
|Graduate Tuition||$53,000 (USD)|
Our Faculty & Campus
We wanted to give every student the resources to change the world so we built the most technologically advanced educational headquarters on the planet. Learn a new language in our immersive VR language lab, visualize and interpret data using AI in our global decision theater, and connect with our global community using the latest in immersive and virtual communications.
Requirements & Deadlines
Entry requirements of the Accelerated MGM include:
- Good standing with Arizona State University
- Cumulative of 3.0 GPA (GMAT or GRE required)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher (no GMAT or GRE required)
- International experience (preferred)
- Submission of the online application, including
- Resume documenting professional and academic history
- One essay answering an application question
- Contact information for one professional or academic reference
- Official transcripts from all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions
- Submission of the online application, including
- Admissions interview(s), if applicable
Apply as soon as possible for priority admissions and financial aid consideration.
|Early Consideration Deadline||October 30th|
|First-round Deadline||November 30th|
|Second-round Deadline||January 30th|
|Third-round and international student deadline||March 30th|
|Final Deadline||June 25th|